Tuesday, November 30, 2010

WOD (Workout of the Day) 11.29.10

So yesterday was our first day ever in a box. A box is CrossFit lingo for a gym. It was really cool and intimidating as are most things that are new to you. And yes, it really kicked my ass. I remember doing CrossFit when I started this blog about 2 years ago and I remember it kicking my ass then too. But you know what? It's still fun and it's still worth it. I was tired and my legs were ready to give out after the Fundamentals portion of the class. And then, Josh, our CrossFit Coach, says, "OK let's start the workout!" I was thinking "WTF!?! Oh heck no!" but of course I smile (or really wince) and tell myself "Jamie, you can do this!" And guess what? I did! I almost thought I was going to throw up and pass out at the same time but I did it! Heck yes! Vance, my bro-n-law, told me there's a CrossFit saying that goes "Our warm-up is your workout!" Dude, I believe it.

I had to fill out three fitness goals I want to accomplish next year.  I could really only think of two but added losing weight for the heck of it.  Yes, I want to lose weight but it's kinda a given that will happen on this program.

1. Lose more weight :o) even though Josh said not to put this
2. Participate in first triathlon in May at Disney
3. Do one pull up. Pretty much every CrossFit workout includes pull-ups so I need to be able to do them.  Right now, I will be doing modified versions like ring rows or using bands to help me until I can do them!


So, today is recovery day. Oh boy, it has been tough. I tripped down the hallway at work every time I got out of my chair. My legs aren't cooperating! I received a text from Josh asking me how I was doing and he suggested I go for a walk to help put the blood back in my muscles so I did. It will be interesting to see how tomorrow night goes! Legs don't fail me now!

WOD 11.29.10 1/2 "Cindy"
As many rounds as possible (AMRAP) in 10 minutes of
5 ring rows
10 sit ups
15 air squats

I did 2 rounds plus 5 ring rows plus one sit up.

Hey-OOOOOOOOO!

Our box! Image via www.operatorcrossfit.com.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails