Monday, April 4, 2011

Small Update from the Land 'O Sunshine and Blue Skies and Chairs

Yo peeps!

Here's a small, teeny tiny post: we bought a chair! Isn't that just titillating news? So, we had this cool, zebra print chair that broke about a year ago. Then Mr. Fitness attempted to fix it and that worked temporarily except I had to cover the boo-boo on the chair with a throw when people came over to visit. But the boo-boo got worse:



So I've been online window shopping for a chair. Finally, I decided to go to thrift shops to see what I could find and potentially reupholster.

On our first thrifting excursion, we found this baby. It passed the comfy test for Mr. Fitness since he will use it more for his gaming chair.  I knew it would work as far as size, shape and sturdiness and I could always have it reupholstered later when I found great fabric. However, the paprika/rust color looks great in our living room. Whodathunkit?  I love accidental decorating! All we did was spray paint the rocker base to an oil-rubbed bronze and ta-da! New chair for $60!




And it's really good that we spent only $60 considering the real online shopping damage I did yesterday on shoes (3 pairs!) and an accessory from emersonmade. But that's our secret, umkay.  Don't tell Mr. Fitness.  Heehee.

1 comment:

~emily~ said...

Girl...you so crazy, but I promise...your secret is safe with me!!

The chair looks comfy! I want one!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails