Thursday, June 4, 2009

Awesome Birthday Present

I just saw one of the best performances in my life last night. Sadly, no it wasn't Paramore. No Doubt just totally rocked! Can you believe they have been together for 22 years (they were together 10 years before hitting it big)? Gwennie-poo is freakin 41 years old.

I saw them in 1996 and it was great then too. I instantly became a life long fan.

You want to know something different from 1996 to 2009? In 1996, all I have is memory of a wonderful show, which has obviously faded over time. In 2009, I can look up on youtube to find videos of the show last night! Here is a pretty good video of my favorite ND song, Don't Speak. The beginning of the video isn't the best but it gets better. I seriously had chill bumps during the song and every single person was singing.

Surprisingly, my favorite song of the night was Simple Kind of Life. There is a line that says "I always thought I'd be a mom" and the crowd just yelled and she bowed slightly and you could just see a look on her face and her mannerisms that showed how proud she was of her family. She waited a long time to have a family. Longer than most.

2 comments:

~emily~ said...

I'm glad you had a good time!

Anonymous said...

That's one of my faves too...and Underneath it All. It was an amazing concert!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails