Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The first of many

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~Carol Sobieski and Thomas Meehan, Annie

The first of many shin digs to say "goodbye" happened last night.

It was with my bestest friend of 17 years, her mom and daughter, my other friend of 17 years (we all met in 7th grade) and my childhood and lifelong friend of 26 years.

We had a blast and took tons of pictures - see my fave! All of a sudden sombreros were on our heads....


And, I did not cry. I was so proud of myself.
Then, I go home. I see a package from my dearest friend, Beth, and bawl like a baby. She made me a CD with awesome songs. I'll post a list of some of the songs later but some of them are from when we worked together and sang over and over...like Uninvited by Alanis Morrisette. Beth, you are right. Though we don't see each other often (goes with all my friends really) - it's just different because I'm so far away. Thank God for Al Gore for inventing the Internet (lol) and for Alexander Graham Bell for inventing the telephone line!

2 comments:

bethbbk said...

I'd do just about anything for you; but just don't ask me to SING...

~emily~ said...

Hey, it's mi amiga and I...lol!!! Last night was so much fun!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails