Tuesday, February 10, 2009

An epiphany

epiphany [i -pif-uh-nee]: a sudden, intuitive
perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.

My simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence happened just a few moments ago when I was on Facebook writing on Dana's wall and hounding Sherry to write about her "I'm 30 Now What?" plan on her blog.

If you have followed my blog from the beginning, (I'm sure of the like 3 of you that read this, someone was there with me on that inaugural day!), you may remember that the six months prior to my turning thirty, I was in a neverending quest to figure out what the hell I was gonna do in my 30s. Now, I have some broad ideas like travel overseas, maybe (MAYBE!) have a child or adopt one, get my teeth whitened, learn Spanish, learn to play the guitar, stuff like that. I just had a brilliant idea to add to my list and its very specific and I love that!

I'm going to go to every tropical place mentioned in the song Kokomo! If I counted right that is about 10 places - 2 of which I had never heard of and didn't realize they were singing that so I wonder what I was singing during that part? Hmmmm.

I've been to one so far - Bahamas. Mr. Hunka Hunka Burnin Love and I are planning to go the Keys in March when he is on spring break.

So, I'm excited! I have a plan!

p.s. my digital camera has died so the photo portion of my blog will be put on hold until we get a new camera. I have a digital camcorder that takes photos but they are low quality so maybe I can use that in the meantime.

2 comments:

bethbbk said...

I love your epiphany. And I can really relate to the camera. (sigh)

~emily~ said...

Sounds like you've set some pretty cool goals for your 30s!

Hope you're well. Talk to ya soon! Take care, bestie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails