Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bringing it back Old School

Did I ever imagine we would own a record player again? Not in a million years. I grew up on my parents old vinyl from the 50s, 60s and 70s. A few favorites would be Diana Ross and the Supremes and Jim Croce. If I could get ahold of those records now I would be stoked! Mr. Fitness, however, grew up with vinyl of a different flavor - Hair Metal.


We are digging the new record player. It's circa 1970s from JC Penney. The table is from a local thrift store that sells vintage furniture too and we found this table that holds the records inside!




Mr. Fitness also recently purchased about 150 records. Johnny Cash, John Denver (we love this one), Elvis, 5th Dimension, the Beatles, and my new favorite band, Boney M, a german pop-disco group. Think the African American ABBA.




Stacks and stacks of vinyl:



More stacks:



We are so bringing it back old school.

2 comments:

bethbbk said...

Woo-hoo! I grew up on vinyl too. I actually received the "2001: A Space Odyssey" vinyl album for one of my birthdays. I also got the disco version of the theme song.
My mother was big into 8-tracks around that time and I remember everywhere we went we had to listen to the Pina Colada song in the car. For a break we got to listen to Barry Manilow on 8-track.

Jamie said...

explains so so much...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails