Sunday, March 1, 2009

Home Tour

Okay. Before you go feeling sorry for me that I worked for 12 days straight (which, by the way, I've never had to do in my entire life - not even in college), I have to show you some pics of the showcase home.

You can put away your violins.

Frances Langford was a singer and Hollywood film star in the 30s and 40s. She was beautiful and a Florida girl through and through. She was married to Jon Hall (the first Tarzan - I wonder if they ever role-played?), to Ralph Evinrude (who invented an outboard motor, like I know what that is), and to Harold Stuart (who did nothing cool that I know of). This is her beach home. She didn't actually live here as she had a place on the river (about 3 miles west of here) but she entertained here and let her friends stay to get away from it all. Her friends included Bob Hope, Jackie Gleason and Perry Como. One of her still-famous songs is "I'm in the Mood for Love".

Forgive the low res images - it's all I have right now
The room with the view. This is the ocean room as the new owners call it:


I love lamp:
Beachy decor in Kitchen area:
Original fireplace to home. Frances Langford wanted a huge fireplace so she could place a sailfish she caught over it. The brick is from the London Bridge.



As soon as I saw this artwork, I had to have it! I ordered it and now have it hanging in our living room. Happy Valentine's Day to me!


The Jackie Gleason suite. Mr. Gleason had one of his honeymoons here.



Beautiful outdoor lanai:



Again, outdoor lanai (nice, huh?):


View from the Bob Hope suite (the bedroom):



Place setting on the dining room table:

I think I took about 5o more photos but you get the gist of it. Absolutely gorgeous, beach chic.

2 comments:

~emily~ said...

OMG! That place is amazing! I want to live there!!!

Tonia said...

Hey J, I miss you girl! These pics are cool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails