Monday, April 26, 2010

The bedroom...bow chica bow wow

Alrighty then, so are you ready to find out what I used those adorable, turquoise, faux reptile print buttons for?

A tufted headboard! Ta-da!


An ebay fabric purchase, a trip to Joanne's Fabrics and Home Depot along with Mr. Fitness's math genius and *voila* our new headboard!  I just love it to pieces.

Here is Mr. Fitness helping with the fabric:


Pre-tufting:


And after:

Yippee.  It's the perfect thickness to lean against as well.

So, now I only have a few more things to do to our bedroom before it will be finished.

When Liz and I were in Orlando on Friday (which I will be posting pics soon) we had a fun, mad 20-minute dash in IKEA and I found the PERFECT, most adorable, DID I SAY PERFECT fabric for curtains.

See..............isn't it PERFECT.  Actually the picture doesn't do it justice.  However, they are sold out so I will have to go back in 3-4 weeks, which is good that way I can actually measure to figure out exactly how much I need.
Then, I think I want to purchase some of these wall-mounted candle holders from CB2 to put in a horizontal row above the headboard:
.


AND THEN, I plan to add this throw once I'm finished crocheting it (mine's in a heather gray color).  I'm probably .00000025 of the way finished.  Hmmm.

1 comment:

~emily~ said...

That's so cool!! You're so crafty! I love the curtain fabric. It looks anime-ish. I need to hire you to decorate my house.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails