Sunday, May 8, 2011

Operation Humble Abode

Well, it's only been about 2 weeks or so since Operation Humble Abode began. Our hopes are to find something before or right before our lease is up in November.

If all goes smoothly, it may be much sooner than November! We are going to put an offer in on THE house. I don't want to go into too much detail because I don't want to get too excited or jinx anything. I will say this: it completely fits every-single-bulleted point in this post.

Mr. Fitness keeps telling me to not get my hopes up even though he says it's the perfect house for us too. He knows how I am though. So, I'm trying not to think about it too much - or at least that is what I'm saying publicly. Honestly, I'm thinking it about pretty much every other minute or so.

Please send some good vibes down to South Florida when you think about it.  Purchasing a house is totally big girl, grown up stuff and this time I get to do it while educating myself and not flying blind (like when I was 21 and bought my first house) AND I get to do it with my hubs.

P.S. I bought my first house when the hubs and I were dating and he broke up with me.  I decided if I wasn't going to be with him, then I will just be single for the rest of my life and then I went and bought a house.  My friend Tracy once said, "Jamie, most people go get hammered or do some retail therapy and you go and buy a house!" Ha. Good times.

P.S.S. If this house falls through though, we can always go for the Zombie-proof house so that is a HUGE relief and great Plan B!

1 comment:

~emily~ said...

I have my fingers, eyes, toes, and legs crossed in hopes you will get your dream house! Good luck, bestie!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails