Friday, May 27, 2011

Update: Operation Humble Abode

Okay so the first house didn't go through because the owner/realtor is in la-la land and asking for $45,000 more than the true comps in the area.  Um, okay...moving on (ha - pun intended)!

The Zombie House didn't pan out either.

This is okay, my dear friends, because we found another house.  Crazy, right?  Not really, considering how many homes are on the market right now.

It's nickname at the moment is the Roll Tide House:

Roll Tide Roll!

It's everything on our list.  Three bedrooms, two baths, living room, dining area, perfect sized kitchen, huge laundry room, one-car garage and an attic.  It's concrete brick stucco which is want you want in Florida so a hurricane will not wash it away.  So we made the next step and put in an offer and guess what? They accepted!  Boo-ya! We are getting a deal - let me tell you!

It's closer to everything! It's 12 minutes from the beach, 5 minutes from Target, 5 minutes from Total Wine, 3 minutes from Publix, 5 minutes to downtown Stuart, 5 minutes to the movies and the mall (the world's worst mall but a mall nonetheless).  It will cut my commute in half yet I'm close to other meeting locales when I'm out of the office.  Have you understood that it's closer, yet? LOL

We had the inspection this morning so there will be some further negotiating but I feel confident this is the one.

Here are a few pics of the inside:

Living Room

Inside Master with the cutest realtor ever.
The Roll Tide Kitchen
Of course, it needs some work but mostly it is all cosmetic.  We plan to have is cleaned professionally, because, it's just plain gross right now - bugs and grimey grime over being empty for a while.  The colors are pretty much neutral except for The Roll Tide Kitchen but you guys know me - that's the fun part!  Picking out colors, new stainless steel appliances, decorating....I love me a challenge!

And it has a ginormous pool!  I will not post pictures of it until it's blue again and not green.  That way you get the full effect....but pool = yah!

2 comments:

~emily~ said...

YAY!!!

Sherry said...

Very Very cute! I can't wait to see how you decorate it! I'm going to be really picky decorating mine too! I might have to use you to get some ideas! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails