Friday, December 11, 2009

Here Comes the Sun

I cannot get Beatles songs OUT OF MY HEAD.

For two reasons. One, because I've been crocheting away on making my daddy some Beatles amigurumis and naturally, you hum or sing any Beatles song that comes to your head at the time. For me, it's been Imagine but Mr. Fitness likes to point out that "that's not a Beatles song!" but it sooooo counts so WHATEVER.

Two, because we attended the Winter Performance at Jacob's school and it was called "All You Need is Love" and they all did Beatles songs. Jacob's class did Here Comes the Sun with motions and everything! No jazz hands though, darn it.

Here's a sneak peek at my cute lil ammies. I've had so much fun figuring them out.

Here's the inspiration photo:


This is Paul but I think I need to cut his hair more. Will wait until I do the others though.

Two guesses who this is - his moustache is hard so I plan to work on that and his hair next! These little guys are definitely a work in progress and I'm not sure I'm keeping these glasses on Johnny here.

Love, love, love...all you need is love.
I think if the world actually listens to the words to this song and just loved people it would truly make all the difference in our happiness and the happiness of others.
And, everytime I hear this song it reminds me of the wedding scene in Love Actually. My third favorite Christmas movie...and there's nudity in it so nothing says Christmas like boobs and a tush, right?
P.S. My first favorite Christmas movie is One Magic Christmas with Mary Steenburgen from 1985 - it's an "updated" take on It's a Wonderful Life but different...
My second fave is Elf. And guess what? I love you! I love you! I looooooovvvveeee you!

1 comment:

~emily~ said...

I freakin' love the Beatles! Those lil guys you're making are too cute!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails