Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Boom! How you like me now?

Okay so this will be a crazy post b/c I'm going to be all over the place!

First, I almost died!  Okay not really.  At all.  I heard a noise this morning and I thought someone was breaking into the house with a jackhammer...then there was silence.  I needed to go investigate but I was only in my underoos.  So I had to hurry and put on my clothes and tip toe downstairs when I had the epiphany that there weren't burglars but something must have fallen off the wall.  Inspect the walls.  Nothing.  All is the calm.  So, then, I decided our 90 year old next door neighbor must have killed over and died and fallen in the floor.  And I really thought at this point I hoped she had one of those "I've fallen and I can't get up" alarms.   I run back upstairs and put my ear up to the wall.  Nothing.  Well.

So then I go back downstairs and I see a text from Mr. Fitness that read: Did you feel a sonic boom?

What the crap?!?!?  Did something happen at the nuclear power plant located 2 miles down the road?  If yes, why am I still alive?  Did another airplane crash on Nettles Island - 3 minutes from our house?  That happened 2 weekends ago.

So, yes we heard the sonic boom of the Space Shuttle Atlantis as it was landing at the Kennedy Space Center about 2 hours north of us.  Crazy shitake.



*photo from tcpalm.com*

Second, do you know how sometimes there are songs that come out and you listen to it over and over again.  I did this a ton when I was younger and a teenager but not so much now.  I can only think of about 3 songs I have done this with in the past 9 months.  Spinnerette's Baptized by Fire, The XX's Shelter, and my new song of the moment (you can listen to all three to the right over there).  And then you watch the video and you are like what just happened?

Here is my song of the moment.  Enjoy.  I hope I don't have nightmares.



And finally, this video where I LMAO for a full minute (thanks to Em for sending it to me!). Just so you know, when Strawberry and I are jumping on the clouds with the Care Bears, she doesn't talk like that(!):

1 comment:

~emily~ said...

Love the update!

Glad you enjoyed the Strawberry Shortcake video!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails