Saturday, December 18, 2010

oh baby....


I just can't stop laughing when I see this. That dad rocks! And by the way, that is the first time I have listened to that song in its entirety. Chad showed me this video a few nights ago and I woke up with this song in my head! OHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

So Mr. Fitness and I have been doing CrossFit for three weeks now. I can already tell a difference in my body. My massage therapist, Jenn, said she can tell my entire back and arms are getting stronger!

I'm still struggling with the met-con stuff but I just keep at it. It kills me but I know it will be over soon and I don't quit! I will finish.

This week, we had to determine our one rep max for three exercises. This is so we can do a program called 5-3-1 on strength days. It's pretty simple yet complicated at the same time and I'm not about to explain it here. So just to sum up my workouts this week:

Bench One Rep Max: 90 lbs
Squat One Rep Max: 125 lbs
Deadlift One Rep Max: 235 lbs

So for the next 4 weeks and really for the next year, my strength training will be based off of percentages of those numbers. Good thing I have Mr. Fitness and my Coach to explain all this everyday!

I was getting a little stressed over getting everything ready for the Holidays but Mr. Fitness helped talked me through it last night.  He is always right when it comes to this.  It's all under my control.  I do put too much pressure on myself so I decided to not pull together a few Christmas present crafts and only focus on two of them.  The terrariums will have to wait.  

I am really looking forward to seeing my family and friends in Alabama over the Holidays.   Then, when we come back to Florida we will see more friends and watch the Capital One Bowl on New Year's Day! Yah!

And speaking of New Year's Day, I'm working my list of resolutions, I mean to-do list.  Some of them will be carried over from last year (oops!) LOL but that's okay.  Again, sometimes I put too much pressure on myself and realize I need to focus on two big things versus 10 small ones.  Or, that I was not really thinking straight when I thought I wanted to pursue my MBA.  lol

Here's a few photos from our walk on the beach last weekend.  The weather was great.  Of course, we decided to go when it looked like a storm was coming but it made for some cool pics!

Mr. Hotness

Windy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails