Thursday, September 11, 2008

Firsts in Flo-rida

First Impressions of South Florida (in no particular order):


1. I've never seen so many fake boobs in one place in my life.

2. U-turns are a norm and an OFTEN occurance.

3. One minute the sky is blue and sunny - the next minute it's a torrential downpour.

4. I've never so seen much tanned, leathery, saggy skin in my life.

5. It's ALWAYS 5 o'clock somewhere....'nuff said.

6. Everyone is originally from somewhere else (for the most part anyway).

7. Northern people look a bit white trashy and yell when they talk in any restaurant or store (you can tell they are northern from the accent).
8. I can freakin go to the beach anytime I want! Weird.


Other firsts -


First Temporary Home:



My first bubble bath in FL...



My first day...


My first day self-portrait:

My first day welcoming sign:

My first day desk (yes I know it needs help, which is why we are redecorating our whole office area and getting new furniture! Her sixth sense must have detected I was an expert interior designer hee):

So, my first day was awesome. They had a party for me! There was two different types of keish, pastries from Panera Bread and donuts from Dunkin Donuts, OJ and coffee! yummee! They also gave me flowers, welcome card and a new CHS mug and pen.

I feel good.

2 comments:

~emily~ said...

I am so glad that your first day was so awesome! I had thought about you all day, wondering how things were going for you.

bethbbk said...

Awesomesauce! I'm so glad everything went well. They will L-O-V-E you!!!!!!
Please don't develop a yankee accent.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails