Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It's just me, Buster and ton of sandhill cranes

So folks, I'm here and you're there.

It's still crazy to think this has happened and I'm doing this. I still don't think it has sunk in yet.

Yesterday was my first day by myself. I shopped til I dropped to drown my sorrows.

But after I dropped Mr. Fitness off at the airport, our realtor calls to say we have someone interested in the house. yah! Thank God! I haven't heard back yet but *crosses fingers* something will come of it.

As soon as the house is sold, Mr. Fitness is coming here! Screw the whole "waiting until December" (hey, that could be the name of a song). I can't stand to be here without him already. I had my breakdown on Sunday. I mean BREAKDOWN. At one point, I swear, I would just hop on that plane with him come Monday. But, my senses came back around.

My first night was okay. I was exhausted from Shopping so I watched the Terminator season premiere, colored my hair and ate popcorn. Then fell asleep watching Coyote Ugly (she's goes off to find her dream - so there were some similarities here)

The only bad part was Buster, my roomie's dog, who barks on a whim. He scares the piss out of me when he does that. My nerves were a little on edge. It's dark. It's a new place. I'm by myself. It's super quite. BARK!!!!!!!! You get the picture.

On a different note altogether, you know how The Ham has cow crossing signs or deer crossing signs? They have Crane Crossing signs here. It's funny!!! And they are all over the flippin place! And, I've seen a lot of egrets too (those are small white crane-looking birds for all you non-Zoo people). They are cute!

Okay my Blog peeps - going to get ready to ride my bike.

3 comments:

~emily~ said...

That's so cool that someone is interested in the house!!! I hope that it sells and Chad goes to Florida sooner to be with you...that would rock. Also, then I wouldn't have to worry so much about you being down there by yourself.

If you get too bored just email me, chica!! Adios!

bethbbk said...

Go Jamie! I'm so glad you're getting a little settled. I want Mr. Fantastic Body to be with you too. I can't imagine him staying here with you there. Let us know more about your adventures in the land down under (Alabama, that is).

Tonia said...

Hey Jamie girl! I miss you!!! I know that it'll be hard w/out hubby there; just hang in there. I've been thinkin bout you a lot. Church, music... not the same w/out you.

I love you,
Tonia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails