Monday, September 15, 2008

'Sup People

hey ya'll! (in my most southern accent I can muster up - since I've been trying to hide it - I have to bring it out sometime)

So far so good in the land of palm trees, lizards and the annoying-the-hell-of-out-me dog. And as you know I don't say hell lightly...ever.

Job is great - there is so much going on right now that I can hardly breathe but that's a good thing. At least I'm not sitting around wondering what the heck I'm supposed to be doing! I have to be busy.

So, this weekend kinda sucked. It was the first weekend without Mr. Fitness and it was pretty bad. Friday night I went over to a friends house and met other people and ate ribs and mac-n-cheese (talk about a southern meal, huh? I felt like I was in good ole Alabama with that good cookin). It was actually fun, but still not the same with Mr. Fitness. Saturday was awful. I wallowed my misery by looking at furniture in the gazillion furniture stores in the area, went to Luna's for some garlic knots and walked the boardwalk. Again, sounds like fun but it really wasn't without Mr. Fitness. Bleh. Then I shopped for three hours at Kohl's. Typically, shopping cures all ills, but not this time. I was just sick of it by hour number three. So, I got a movie and went home to chill. I did go to the beach for five hours on Sunday. Now that was nice. A good distraction for my misery but still I keep thinking of how much more fun things are with him.

I know this is all par for the course, but it's still hard when you are going through it. The key is truly to stay busy, which is no problemo during the week. It's the sucky weekends that put a kink in things! But, I am going kayaking this weekend with my counterpart from work, so that indeed will be a good weekend distractor.

I keep telling myself this is all worth it - and it is - and I would do it again even feeling a bit down without Mr. Fitness, but its just hard in the meantime. Man, talk about blogging being good therapy...

I hope you all are doing well. I miss you bunches and bunches. Are you sure you don't want to pick up your life and move down here? I swear, every single one of you would love it.

Till next time...

3 comments:

Tonia said...

Hey girlie! I've been thinkin bout you and how your makin it w/out hubby. I know it's gotta be hard - especially since u like your hubby! :)
I'm so glad u like your job. I wish I could come live down there w/ya! More than u know!
I'm glad u r keepin busy - keep hangin in there!
They moved the daycare to the church; don't know how that's gonna work out. Things are not the same there anymore. :(
Luv u lots!

~emily~ said...

Sorry you were down in the dumps over the weekend. I had thought about you all weekend long, wondering how you were doing and what you were up to. I know it's tough being without your hubby, but the time will go by fast and he'll soon be with ya down there...so just keep your chin up. I'll talk to ya later! Have fun at work!

Anonymous said...

I just miss you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails