Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tattoos and Marriage

Once I finish my potted flowers amigurumi (which doesn't look like the picture at all but I'll make it work), I want to start on this idea.

Take this quote:

"Sometimes I bust out and do things so permanent. Like tattoos and marriage." Drew Barrymore

and cross-stitch it - like so...



then frame it.



Ta-da!

I'm putting it out there on the Internets so I will remember the idea and actually do it! The only cross-stitching project I ever completed was in 8th grade Home Ec when we had to stitch the California Raisins and I needed a good grade. The other project that remains half way finished is something I was doing for Beth and Ford Man when they got married and then a Strawberry Shortcake (the original, of course) image for the nieces. I still have both unfinished pieces.
Unfinished is the word of the day! Or geez my life....

3 comments:

~emily~ said...

I love the shark week thingie!! Too funny! It should say something about zombies though!!!

I have quite a few unfinished cross stitches myself...one of them is one that I was actually doing for you. LOL. I just need to do the backstitching (outline) and then it's finished. How pathetic am I?

While I'm thinking about it...I was behind a car the other morning and it had a bumper sticker that read, "Life Happens. Make Time To Live It." I jotted it down b/c it's something I should really live by.

Jamie said...

you should cross stitch that so that way you remember it!

bethbbk said...

FYI: I've been married almost 10 years. Years. LOL!
Don't feel bad, I've got projects behind too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails