Thursday, October 1, 2009

Treasure Coast Fanatics

Hi peeps! Here are some random photos from the TCF (Treasure Coast Fanatics - that's me and Mr. F).

My new favorite salad. Cherry tomatoes and English cucumber, or as I call it British cucumber. That's it. I never knew in my entire life that a salad sans lettuce was a salad. It's like I've been liberated or something. I'm constantly broadening my food horizons thanks to Dan and Andrea!



Here's some new artwork. Chad and I bought the piece at an auction for the nonprofit I work for in February and just had it framed this week with a 60% off custom framing from Joanne's! I love it! It's hard to see in the photo but there's a creature in it that looks like Ra.

Another shot of the artwork (please note on the chair is my grandmother's rotary phone, which I heart):


Now here is something I'm going to miss when we move. Random awesomeness....the Goodyear Blimp!


I was like "what is that noise?" and I run to the balcony and then I was like "Holy Crap! Where's my camera?!? Where's my camera?!?"



So, yeah, Mr. F and I have decided to move. I was helping my electrolysist post pics of her seasonal townhouse rental on Craigslist and became interested myself. So, we went to go look at it and *voila!* we are moving across the street - it's actually .1 mile from our condo. We still have beach access (walk across the beach to deeded access from the condo) but we will be saving close to $6,000 a year. And folks, who can beat that? So, come Thanksgiving weekend, we will be giving thanks to the movers we have hired and then cursing each other at why we decided to use our Thanksgiving vacation to move. AGAIN. Please note we moved the weekend AFTER Thanksgiving last year.

My favorite nieces and, oh yeah, their parents (hee!) are coming to visit us in exactly 15 days and I am so super stoked! Ariyah's 2nd birthday is at the end of this month and I have the privilege and pleasure of making her invitations. I'm brainstorming now what I want to do and will be having an invite making session this weekend. Her theme is Minnie Mouse and I have found some of the cutest things! As I told my Bester, I heart Disney.
Okay Two People who read my blog...gonna go research some Minnie!
P.S. Do you remember one of my first posts about me wanting to be Made into a roller derby girl. Well, I'm all *can't wait for this weekend to go see Whip It!* starring my girl Drew and the awesomely cute Ellen Page from Juno. That movie makes me want to buy a hamburger phone in a really bad way.

3 comments:

~emily~ said...

LOL...I totally love the hamburger phone!

MTV seriously needs to have the Made show for adults. I wanna be made!

Who knows...I may get that job in Orlando and then you'll have to help me move in. So it's good you're getting all this practice. ;)

bethbbk said...

I cannot believe you are going to move again!!!! But, that's a whole other redecorating story, now isn't it? :)

As for the invites, why don't you combine your interests and make Minnie sports invitations? She could be playing tennis, swimming, rollerskating, etc. Girl power! Whatchathink?

Oh, and love the new art!

Jamie said...

No kidding - I'm super excited about redecorating a new place. But I am a bit worried that after all that is done I'll be "why did we move again?"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails