Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My point is....

My point in doing this blog thing is basically to document my journey to "get fit" and anything else I care to have other humans read about me. And, I was inspired by Jen Lancaster to start one and have been pondering on it a bit the last few months.

I started doing CrossFit on Saturday, May 3rd before my niece's 2nd birthday party....such a momentous occasion...my bro-n-law has a gym at his house.....I did 50 burpees....if you don't know what a burpee is....watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiwny1-lpTs




I can't do an actual push up so I did the girlie push ups on my knees and they were bruised for about a week. I do a different version of a push ups now and can actually do a few normal, manly push-ups.



My hubby (aka Mr. Fitness) is my workout partner which is good and bad.....I was just pissed the first several weeks because his style of motivation was telling me to "just do it" instead of "just take in 3 breaths and do one more" it's much better now...not sure our marriage would have survived much more of that (j/k)...plus, I was about to make a spectacle out of myself in front of the entire gym.....



Crossfit is about functional strength. Firefighters, police etc do the workout to stay in top physical condition. Me? None of the above but that's okay. ANYONE can do Crossfit.



Okay so anyway, I didn't get on the scales to see what I weighed but I had an idea. WAY too much. Basically, about 60 pounds from where I want to be.



Since then, I have started eating healthy and eating healthy consistently (not just during the week) and consuming massive amounts of water, which makes me pee about every 15 minutes.



I've definitely lost weight. Not sure how much because I refuse to get on the scales but my clothes are looser and my belly looks less pregnant in a tight fitting shirt. yah!



So now Mr. Fitness and I have decided to do a Sprint Triathlon in August. Yes I will probably be the largest woman in history to do a triathlon but hell, I have to make history somehow? How else will they make a Broadway play out of my life?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails