Tuesday, June 24, 2008

WOD 06-19-6/23/08

I'm also going to post my workout of the day (WOD) - I may not do it daily as I'm not good with daily things (ask Mr. Fitness and he will agree) but I will journal them here.

So, unless you really care about the workout I'm doing you may want to avoid the WOD posts...not the most exciting stuff. Unless, of course, I do something absolutely amazing and a PR (personal record).

WOD 06/19/08 - max effort Powerlifting comp except instead of bench you do a press thing with the weight over your head (I forgot what its called).
Press over head thing - 70 lbs
Squat - 115 lbs
Deadlift - 185 lbs

WOD 06/20/08 - 10 thrusters and 10 jumping pull ups as many rounds as you can for 20 min. I have to do jumping pull ups b/c I can't do ONE normal pull up. One day....
thrusters - 10 reps with 25 lbs
10 jumping pull ups
I think I did 7 or 8 rounds....can't remember

WOD 06/21/08 - supposed to do 50 muscle ups but we can't do them yet and we don't have access to rings so I did 3 jumping pull ups and 3 dips 15 times. My time was about 20 minutes. I did the workout at my bro n laws house and his squat rack is not conducive to me jumping. I had issues and felt like I was seconds away from dislocating both shoulders.

06/22/08 - OFF DAY

06/23/08 - Run a 5K - I ran/walked 2 miles. Probably walked 75-80% of it. This was hard and abs cramped up for the first part of it. The next time we have to do this, I'm going to start off walking to warm up then try to run more than walk (percentage wise).

As you can see from this, CrossFit is a wide variety of exercises, which is why I 'like' it. I wouldn't say 'love' it b/c I do not love exercise. It's definitely something that I have to force myself to somewhat enjoy. I enjoy the results so that is where I focus my thoughts when I think about working out.

Hopefully, in the next week or so, I will purchase a bike so I can begin cycling in prep for the Tri in August.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails