Sunday, October 19, 2008

my weekend

had a pretty good weekend.

Friday I took my roomie to eat and book shopping - it was her bday! I bought a new bible. It's called The Green Bible. Mr. Fitness calls it my hippie bible. Probably so. heehee

Saturday I slept in and talked to Mr. Fitness for a while that morning and then went to the beach, which was nice. I came back and cooked dinner for my roomie and I, then watched a few movies.

Today, we went to church in Palm Beach. My roomie's co-worker's son was getting baptized. It was actually the first time I have been to church since being here and it was good. I needed that. It was actually very similar to my church in Alabama. The music anyway. The sermon was very good and humbling.

Then we went to eat at the Crab House on Jupiter Island and went to the beach in Hobe Sound. We were wearing our "sunday best" while at the beach (we left our shoes in the car, which was good b/c I was wearing my nice black pointy heels) and stuck out like a sore thumb. Ha.

And then I spent the rest of the day doing nothing but chilling and reading my new vamp series.

The countdown has begun! Mr. F will be here in 4 days! Yippee! The big event we are having at work with The Spinners is this Friday so I'll be working my butt off all week. We are also having a cocktail reception on Wednesday for a different event we are having in February. It's a designer showhouse event, where the non-profit I work for receives the proceeds. It's going to take place at Frances Langford's old home. Apparently, she was a famous Hollywood star in the 30s or something like that and Bob Hope and Jackie Gleason used to hang out there and from what I've heard naughty things happened! I actually have the key to her house in my car. My boss gave it to me so she wouldn't lose it.

Gee, I hope I don't lose it......

2 comments:

bethbbk said...

Coolness!

Tonia said...

J, glad u had a good weekend. Your life actually sounds very appealing to me. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails