Monday, July 14, 2008

Ouch! Don't touch me

okay so yeah I'm burned. Partly my fault and partly not. I did not put sunscreen on my legs, so yes that is my fault. They are scorched. The backs of my legs, that is, from snorkeling for 2 hours. Now, I have no idea how my upper back is burned. I applied sunscreen 3 times. Go figure. Gladys, the lady who we are renting the house from, could not believe how white I was. Her hands flew to her mouth and she said "I've never seen anyone so white before!" LOL.

We love snorkeling! We are about to leave to go explore the west end of the island and I hope to go snorkeling afterwards! Yesterday, we saw so many cool creatures! We saw tropical fish, a stingray, sea urchin, sea sponge and a ton of starfish! Coral is everywhere and there are beautiful sea plants that are bright purple. And, all of this is right outside our cottage! Mr. Fitness caught a huge conch shell and he boiled it and ate it! I tried it - tastes like seafood but with a rubbery texture.

Not only am I burned, but I have a massive headache. Not sure if its from all the alchy or b/c of all the sun. Maybe its a little bit of both. I hope it goes away soon.

1 comment:

~emily~ said...

Sounds like you're having a blast! ttyl.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails